Tuesday, October 12, 2010

THE Isabel Allende

I am one of those people who knows Isabel Allende, THE Isabel Allende, and has been lucky enough to be called a stupid American by her on several occasions. Let me just say that I adore her, I kind of stalk her, in a weird way, but I’m not entirely clear if it is Isabel or her current husband Willie whom I most admire....
So, here you go, a little Isabel fix for those who might want to know...

The office is buzzing about this Chilean award—The National Literary Award—that Isabel is supposed to maybe get. There is talk of the award going to her but then, according to Isabel herself, it only goes to non-best selling authors. Apparently, good literature is supposed to be obscure and hermetic. The National Literary Award is seemingly the most important literary prize in Chile. 












Read more about it here.

3 comments:

  1. "Good literature"? Doesn't best selling mean bandwagon and common and exciting as a shiny penny? LOVE the blog!

    LL Woodward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isabel...
    Soy una gran admiradora de tu obra. Son pocos los libros que me sumergen de manera tan magica en las historias y hacen que me olvide de la realidad, pero tu lo logras de una manera increible. Pero ademas de admirar tus libros siento una enorme admiracion por tu persona, has hecho cosas muy importantes y eres un referente para muchas mujeres. Yo soy Chilena tambien, pero vivo en el extranjero y me enorgullese enormemente cuando oigo hablar de tus libros y no puedo evitar decir..ella tambien es chilena....como yo...Por último queria agradecerte ,por dejarnos a los lectores entrar en tu vida de manera tan generosa..por que nos sirves de ispiración, por lo menos a mi..un saludo muy cariñoso
    Andrea Tuesta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Querida Isabel...
    Escrevo de Portugal...Sinto-me emocionada só de me sentir tão perto de alguém tão apreciada...Não sabes da minha existência porém, sinto-me tão próxima de ti...Aprecio-te pela humanidade e pelos valores que, em ti, ganham vida...É com imenso carinho que te saúdo...Bem-Haja!!!
    Raquel Diz de Sá

    ReplyDelete